Stage 1 Fluency
- Learn to:
- understand Spanish words and phrases
- say Spanish words and phrases
- write Spanish words and phrases
- read Spanish words and phrases
- translate from Spanish to English
- translate from English to Spanish
- You will need:
- willingness to change
- positive attitude & patience
- materials for creating flashcards
- materials for writing practice (Dry erase board & markers, pen & paper...)
- Continue listening to Spanish for a minimum of ten to fifteen minutes daily. Use one to two resources. Online resources at Spanish Exposure. Keep listening!
- Review the flashcards from previous lessons daily. Make sure you can say the Spanish words and letter names.
- In this activity, you will practice understanding Spanish. Watch La leche Spanish to English. Listen to the Spanish sentence. Say the English translation before the English sentence appears on the screen. After you say the English translation, watch the English sentence appear to check your translation. Do this activity until you can say all of the translations correctly before the English words appear.
- Practice speaking Spanish. Watch La leche. Listen and repeat the Spanish sentences until you sound like the narrator.
- Practice translating from English to Spanish and practice writing in Spanish. Watch La leche English to Spanish. When you see the English sentences, write and say the Spanish sentences. Pause the video if you need to while you write each Spanish sentence. Say the Spanish sentence as you write it. You may want to use a dry erase board to write the Spanish sentences.
- Make flashcards for each sentence in La leche English to Spanish. Create the flashcards and learn the phrases using the same techniques that you have used in previous lessons to learn Sight Words.
- Review your Spanish flashcards daily. These are basic words and phrases that native Spanish speakers learn as babies and toddlers. Find ways to integrate these basic words and phrases into your daily life.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You have completed another Spanish lesson and you are another step closer to becoming fluent in Spanish!
Make sure you Subscribe to get updates from our YouTube channel!